Did you know that green tea has been consumed in China for more than 3000 years?
According to the legend, Shen Nong, considered the father of Chinese agriculture and natural medicine, tested the plants he found in himself, until one day he was poisoned with one and managed to neutralize the poison by chewing green tea leaves. From that moment he considered this plant as an antidote against the poison.
We do not know for sure if this was real, but we do have the certainty that the Chinese are at the forefront in everything that has to do with the uses of different types of tea and green tea has managed to position itself and settle within the list of the five most used thanks to its properties and health benefits.
If we told you that green tea contains epigallocatechin, better called EGCG, you probably will not have any idea what it is, but this compound is what makes green tea a drink that should not be missing from your list of habitual infusions.
EGCG is an antioxidant that makes up almost 50% of this tea that prevents or diminishes the oxidation of the cells and thus prevents the deterioration caused by free radicals.
But do not be scared, that to take advantage of the benefits of green tea is not necessary to know this name so difficult. We are simply going to teach you all the good we can get from this wonderful tea.
1) Fat Burner: Theine, is an active ingredient belonging to the caffeine family that helps to burn fats. Only a single dehydrated leaf of green tea contains 4% caffeine. The green tea polyphenols allow the teina slows down the assimilation of lipids and carbohydrates by the body as well as the amount of calories that are absorbed.
2) Blood glucose leveler : EGCG improves the use of insulin in the body to prevent an increase in blood sugar as well as chronic fatigue, irritability and the need to eat between meals. Green tea has the ability to reduce appetite.
3) Anticancer: Green tea compounds could inhibit the reproduction of cancer cells, especially; the lungs and particularly in women, but there is still a lot of cloth to cut with respect to this because it is simply preliminary studies.
4) Promotes good digestion: Green tea has a positive action on digestion and some studies suggest that it could act as a protector against stomach cancer. However, there are still many studies to be done to test this theory.
5) Lower cholesterol: There is a kind of “rivalry” between good and bad cholesterol, because just as we must lower one, it is important to increase the other. Green tea has the virtue of acting on both and has proven to be able to lower the bad and help increase the good.
Some studies done on animals suggest that green tea polyphenols block the absorption of cholesterol from the intestines and help eliminate it.
6) Powerful antioxidant: Green tea has antioxidants capable of eliminating the free radicals that affect the skin. It has a positive impact on the cells helping to regenerate them.
It is recommended to drink 3 cups of green tea a day without milk and without sugar.
7) A flat belly ally: Catechins come into play again to contribute to weight loss and the elimination of fats, especially those that are at waist level.
The usual consumption of green tea allows this antioxidant to regulate your weight and evenly distribute fats.
8) Diuretic effect: Another benefit of green tea in relation to weight loss has to do with its diuretic effects. It is excellent for cleaning the urinary tract, avoiding fluid retention and favoring the elimination of toxins from the kidneys.
9) Increases body pH: Among the medicinal properties of green tea we also find that it helps to decrease the acidity of the body helping to increase the natural pH. It has detoxifying effect, activates the metabolism and is anti-inflammatory.
Within its virtues as a protector of the immune system, green tea helps reduce blood pressure and prevents tooth decay.
10) Awaken the senses: There are many different varieties of tea with medicinal properties, but few that can contribute to health and at the same time have good taste and an attractive perfume.
This is the case of green tea, which in addition to improving health, is also a positive experience in terms of aroma and taste.
It has the ability to stimulate the senses and an important power to relax the tensions.
Try to try it without any additions or sugar and you will notice that it alone has body and personality. If desired, you can sweeten it with a little honey, stevia or blonde sugar.
There is always an excuse to generate the opportunity to share with friends a cup of tea and especially if it is green tea that stimulates the senses, burns fat and adds all the benefits with this millennial tea.
Surely you know someone who can take advantage of it. Help them to know this tea as well as the information we just shared.