Just the name triglycerides causes a bit of fear and puts us in a state of alert because we associate it directly with something negative. But who would think that ultimately triglycerides are energy? Let’s shed some light on this.
Triglycerides are the fats that constitute the energy storage of the body. These fats are obtained from the food we eat and once they enter the body they become enzymes during the digestion process.
The problem begins when these fats accumulate excessively due to different factors that may be genetic, poor diet, drug misuse, sedentary lifestyle, tobacco, excess alcohol, diabetes, and so on.
When the metabolism fails to process the fats that enter the body excessively triglyceride levels increase. In general, they are intimately related to the diet we follow.
This implies an increase in cardiovascular risk when triglyceride levels are above 1000 mg per deciliter, in addition to increasing the chances of developing acute pancreatitis.
Other diseases related to high levels of triglycerides are sedentarism, hypothyroidism, kidney diseases, hepatitis, certain immunological diseases, hormone therapies with estrogens or the use of drugs with steroids.
Increased triglyceride levels pose an even greater risk than cholesterol because it is a type of fat that increases without us noticing making us prone to situations of extreme gravity such as strokes.
It is important to take care of the food and the amount of fats we eat.
This type of increase in triglyceride levels we barely notice can also lead to arteriosclerosis.
It is a disease that is almost unseen, that leaves no marks but that can well alter our organism and our life little by little without being noticed.
But for those who do notice many of the symptoms they claim to have are:
– Fatigue and permanent tiredness.
– Increased abdominal fat.
– Fluid retention.
– Sleeping problems.
– Hair loss.
– Excess facial hair.
Today we are going to propose different ways to protect you in a natural way to avoid the increase of the triglycerides in your blood or even to diminish considerably the levels, in case your registers are high.
1) Healthy Breakfast: This recipe works wonders and we can give you two uses. Firstly incorporate vitamins and energies early and secondly make a significant change at breakfast time by leaving aside coffee and opting for something natural, which at the same time, will result in a benefit to our cardiovascular health.
– 1 apple.
– 1 handful of fresh spinach.
– 1 tablespoon of oats.
– 5 tablespoons lemon juice.
– 1 glass of water.
– Wash the spinach and the apple, which we will use with peels.
– Cut the apple in four and remove the seeds.
– Put all the ingredients in the blender and mix until you get a homogenous smoothie.
– Drink three times a week.
2) Cinnamon Infusions: The antioxidant compounds in cinnamon help control problems linked to high blood sugar levels as well as triglycerides.
– 1 cup of water.
– 2 cinnamon sticks.
– Heat water as for a cup of tea and incorporate cinnamon sticks.
– Boil for 5 minutes on gentle heat, strain and drink on an empty stomach.
– Repeat only three times a week. Do not exceed this amount.
3) Fiber consumption : The consumption of fiber is essential to obtain good digestive processes and decrease the absorption of sugars and fats.
With the help of fibers you can control your high triglyceride and cholesterol levels. Incorporate these foods into your diet.
– Cereals in general.
4) Tangerine peel tea: It is difficult to think that the tangerine peel may have some kind of utility, let alone reserve some benefit to the body. However, tangerine peels contain important properties that can be used to treat high levels of triglycerides and cholesterol, as well as purify the urinary tract.
– Tangerine shells.
– 1 cup of water.
– In a bowl, place the tangerine peels and water.
– Boil for 5 minutes.
– Paste and let stand a few minutes. Drink three times a day.
5) Cucumber juice and eggplant: Cucumber is an excellent natural remedy that helps to level the triglyceride levels; While eggplant is a legume rich in antioxidants. This juice combines fibers and water; The ideal recipe to eliminate fats by being both diuretics and purifying the body by participating in the elimination of toxins and waste.
– ½ aubergine.
– 1 cucumber.
– 100 ml of water.
– Peel the eggplant and cucumber.
– Cut them into small pieces.
– Blend both ingredients with water for a few moments and consume this shake fasting for two consecutive weeks.
6) Avocado and watermelon: Watermelon is a fruit with many minerals, lots of water and multiple vitamins. When mixed with the benefits of avocado, we get a food rich in vitamins and Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids.
The ideal proportion is composed of half avocado and a portion of approximately 100 g of watermelon. With this blend we will incorporate fiber, potassium, magnesium and vitamin C.
7) Blue Fish: Fatty fish are an excellent food to protect cardiovascular and cognitive health. It is one of the main sources of Omega 3 fatty acids, which is a healthy lipid which helps the elimination of triglycerides.
It has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds that reduce the negative effects of free radicals as well as harmful molecules that damage cells.
The best fish that we will recommend you are:
8) Nuts: The variety of nuts provide an interesting amount of Omega 3 fatty acids. This essential nutrient that helps clean the blood also protects your heart health. Nuts add fiber and antioxidants that level triglyceride levels.
We particularly recommend walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts and peanuts.
9) Fruits of the forest: We know that fruits are natural and healthy foods, but we must bear in mind that some of them have too much fructose and this ultimately helps to increase triglyceride levels as well as sugar levels. That is, fruits are still healthy but it is preferable to opt for the best if it comes to losing weight and keeping us healthy.
Choose carefully the fruits that we are going to consume and try to mix the appropriate ones as well as we take care of the amount that we consume.
Some nuts such as dates or grapes are not advised because they contain high levels of sugar and calories.
We particularly recommend blueberries, strawberries, cherries and raspberries because they have low fructose and are rich in vitamins C. A cocktail of these fruits plus a banana is an ideal breakfast to add vitamins and subtract triglycerides.
10) Rye bread and extra virgin olive oil: To regulate and reduce triglyceride levels, we need fat but healthy fat, that is to say, from extra virgin olive oil.
Olive oil provides Omega3 and helps reduce excess harmful fat in the blood, ie, dangerous fat. This fat has the particularity of hardening the arteries and cover them overloading the functions of the liver.
This is another very healthy breakfast option and regulates triglyceride levels: Two slices of toasted rye bread smeared with a few drops of olive oil.
What should we avoid?
We have seen some examples of foods that can help us lower triglyceride levels, but will we be consuming harmful foods without knowing it? Let’s check this list to see if we are consuming some of these foods that are definitely harmful to our health because they increase dangerous triglycerides in addition to cholesterol.
– Palm oil.
– Whole dairy products.
– Fatty meats.
– Cold cuts.
– Pastry products.
– White bread.
– Fried food.
– Refined sugar and flour.
Last tip: Never stop practicing physical activity.