When we see some celebrities with those worked and wonderful bodies we ask ourselves, “how do they do it?” Well, we can all have a different theory about how they do it, but what these celebrities always respond to is that they are engaged in healthy eating, doing physical activity, avoiding the cigarette and in the case of Beyoncé to drink watermelon water.
Recently, the singer invested in a firm that is dedicated to producing watermelon juice drinks and has already become a success.
Watermelon water is seen today as a healthy, refreshing, colorful and detoxifying drink. By means of this drink we incorporate the benefits of watermelon that are not few because it contains trace elements, very little fat and multiple benefits for the skin.
Watermelon, as it is called in some countries, is a very fleshy fruit and an important source of lycopene, an antioxidant that helps protect us from many diseases.
Watermelon seeds are edible and provide high doses of vitamin C. It also has carotenes, which is what gives it its vivid color and is linked to a lower risk of contracting different types of cancer and suffering from cardiovascular diseases.
Carotenes are best absorbed in the body when a small amount of lipids (fats) is consumed at the same time. For example, a slice of watermelon with a small piece of cheese is an excellent combination to assimilate these nutrients.
Let’s get to know some of the important benefits of watermelon water for the body and for the skin.
1) Beautiful skin: Beta carotene in watermelon, that is, vitamin A, is an antioxidant that prevents aging of the skin and increases the production of melanin. Like carrots, apricots and melon; Watermelon water provides carotenes that protect the skin from UV rays and help prolong tanning. This is good news!
2) Inhibits the appetite: Both watermelon and watermelon provide satiety and this is due to its high fiber concentrations. This fruit contains vitamin A, B, C, K; Is made up of more than 90% of water helping to keep us hydrated and satisfied.
3) Allied against cardiovascular diseases: Watermelon like black chocolate, blueberries, citrus fruits and also strawberries prevent cardiovascular diseases and this we should also thank them for their high content of carotenes and vitamin C, which at the same time avoid the aging of cells.
4) Helps lose weight: Watermelon is a very sweet fruit and that makes us think that it contains large amounts of sugar but despite this is a fruit with very few calories; Only 30 per 100 g of fruit.
It has no fat and its glycemic index is very low so it is a fruit to keep in mind on the part of those who do diets to lose weight.
5) Ideal for pregnant women: Watermelon water or watermelon itself is very beneficial during pregnancy because it adds large amounts of vitamin C. As we know this vitamin helps to combat respiratory diseases such as influenza or colds. Pregnant women can consume water of watermelon to reinforce the immune system avoiding in this way diseases and can enhance the effects of the vitamin C adding to the water of watermelon a little lemon juice, contributing in this way to a better absorption on the part of the organism.
6) Avoid cramps: Watermelon water as well as the same fruit, are recommended for those who practice sports because they have high concentrations of potassium and vitamin B6.
This helps to avoid cramps that affect our muscles at the time we make a physical effort. The compounds of watermelon water help our body to absorb proteins better and thus avoiding cramps.
For this we recommend eating a piece of watermelon or drinking watermelon water a few minutes before physical activity, as well as can be consumed after playing sports because it is refreshing and ideal for recovering fluids.
7) Natural diuretic: Watermelon water is ideal to help you to eliminate retained liquids, because this fruit is the most diuretic of all, besides that consuming it in large quantities can act as a mild laxative and help in this way to regulate the intestinal flora.
8) Anti-inflammatory: In 2002, researchers found that once the lycopene of watermelon enters the body is able to destroy certain free radicals responsible for the inflammation that causes eg rheumatism. However, no conclusive results have been found as to whether watermelon can be attributed to true analgesic effects on the joints.
9) Sexual Stimulant: Currently, watermelon and watermelon water are the most known source of citrulline. In Texas, researchers showed that this amino acid promotes blood vessel dilation and a significant amount of watermelon could help treat erectile dysfunction.
10) Antioxidants: Watermelon is a fruit rich in antioxidants and particularly lycopene and even contains more than tomatoes. This element is a very effective antioxidant that strengthens the immune system and fights free radicals.
In addition, lycopene helps fight cell deterioration, something very convenient to prevent diseases such as cancer. We recommend consuming at least three times a week watermelon or drinking watermelon water as well as consuming its seeds that have high concentrations of vitamin C.
Other uses of watermelon:
– Effective remedy against mycoses: Rub watermelon peel on the skin and then rinse. This trick also works for acne skin.
– Tone the skin: Soak a cotton in watermelon juice and apply to the skin. This helps to eliminate sebum, tone the skin and close the pores.
– Natural Mask: We can prepare a natural mask to improve the appearance of the skin by grinding the white part of the peel and mixing with a tablespoon of cream cheese and another of flour to thicken the mixture. Apply on face, leave on for 30 minutes and then rinse.
Watermelon and watermelon provide many health benefits that we should not discount. If you know someone who can use this information, do not hesitate to share it.