Plants have medicinal properties for slowing down of skin aging that we sometimes cannot even imagine, so it is important to know them in order to take advantage of its benefits.
The rue is a perennial plant and of penetrating smell, whose scientific name is Ruta graveolens. It grows only up to half a meter and from its leaves an essential oil is distilled.
This plant has many qualities that can be beneficial to your health. Keep reading this post to discover what they are and you can take full advantage of its healing properties.
Properties of rue
The rue flower is bisexual and has a triangular shape. The fruit has black seeds, and mature in September. This plant occurs in the Mediterranean, Belarus and some Baltic countries.
Due to its bitter taste and a level of toxicity, it is no longer used, but you can not miss the properties it possesses.
Popular medicine has used it to treat the following ailments:
It is applied to the skin, but not directly:
- Anti-fungus: against dermatitis and athlete’s foot, thanks to it kills infections. Relieves itching.
- Anti-age: kills fungi and is antioxidant, so it retains youthful appearance and prevents aging.
Also suitable for hair:
It kills lice: it has insecticide properties, so they remove lice and relieve itching.
Spa: gives shine to hair.
Other benefits :
- It relaxes the nerves and is effective in cases of hysteria and epilepsy.
- Keep away mosquitoes, flies and cockroaches.
- It is antibacterial, so tea-fighting infections and salmonella.
- Relieves muscle aches.
- Relieves arthritis, muscle aches and stiffness.
- It is an antidote against poisoning.
Despite all these benefits, its indiscriminate consumption can bring negative health consequences, such as rashes, spasms, dizziness, photosensitivity, insomnia and irritations in the stomach, among others.
It is possible to prepare some home remedies with the rue, as they are:
- To regulate menstruation. Make tea and drink for two days. It can be abortive.
- Ten drops of tea with sugar served with anti-stress.
- Ten grams of rue with vegetable oil fight the worms.
- A few leaves with vinegar against the temples recover from fainting.